Image via planetgreen.com
We’ve added some modifications to our upcoming Swap & Shop to make a more enjoyable experience for you! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to swap this time around:
1) Go through your closet and find stylish clothes, shoes, and accessories you no longer wear.
2) Bring them to the swap. Please bring at least five items in GOOD to NEW condition. Only spring/summer items will be accepted.
3) Arrive anytime between 12:00-1:30 PM. Drop off your bag/s with us. You do not have to wait for your items to be counted. We will not have a voucher system this time—so you can take as many clothes as you find—but please, NO hoarding!
Tip: It’s better to come well before 1:30. Remember, we still have to sort out your items and arrange them by size and type of clothing! We’ve lined up several fabulous local apparel and accessory companies for your shopping pleasure while you wait for the doors to open!
4) It’s swap time! Doors to the swap open at 1:30. Clothes will be organized by size and type of clothing. Remember, swapping is not a contact sport! Swaps are fun and a great way to meet like-minded people, so please be nice to fellow swappers. Click here for tips the Washingtonian wrote about for our swap last November.
5) You can swap for as long as you want, but doors close at 3:00 PM sharp! The pop-up shop will be open the whole time so you can always go back and shop for that special piece to complete your new-to-you wardrobe.
6) Enjoy your fabulous, new-to-you wardrobe!